Ohmygod. This is one of the best breakfasts I’ve made! So proud ☺️ banana icecream, surrounded by super delicious strawberries, drizzled with mayvers peanut cacao spread and goji berries. You all must try this!!! 🙌
5 Benefits of a Cardio Workout: When looking to lose weight, you may have been told that you need to increase your cardio. What exactly is cardio? Cardio is short for cardiovascular, which is a term used to reference the entire circulatory system. When told to ‘increase cardio’, it simply means to perform exercises that will increase your heart rate and improve the circulatory system. Aside from weight loss, there is actually a long list of benefits that can be derived from performing cardiovascular exercises. Below are the top 5 benefits that you can obtaing:
1. Improved Heart Health: Your heart is a muscle, and just like any other muscle in your body, it can benefit from exercise. It can weaken over time if not given a regular workout and can eventually fail as a result. By performing cardiovascular exercises, increasing your heart rate for at least 30 minutes or more at a stretch, you can strengthen the heart and help protect yourself against heart related illness.
2. Improved Brain Function: Researchers at Boston University performed studies to determine if heart health had any effect on brain health. Their study showed that individuals with weak hearts due to insufficient physical activity had less brain volume than individuals with strong hearts. A weak heart is unable to pump blood efficiently, therefore lessening the amount of oxygen that gets carried to the brain. An oxygen depleted brain ages much more quickly and can contribute to concentration issues and memory loss.
3. Improved Sleep: Roughly half of the world’s population suffers from a sleep disorder of some sort. As a result of this, more and more prescriptions are being written every year to aid those in falling asleep and staying asleep. Recently, studies have shown that obese individuals who routinely take sleep medication have a higher risk of death. A study published by The National Sleep Foundation found that individuals who performed cardiovascular exercises 3 to 4 times per week, fell asleep 54% faster and slept 37% longer than individuals who did not exercise.
4. Increased Bone Density: Osteoporosis is a condition that affects many aging women as a result of lost bone mass. Studies have shown that when cardiovascular exercises are performed several times per week, for at least 30 minutes at a time, bone density can increase by as much as 12% over a period of 6 months.
5. Alleviates Depression: A study that was published in the Archives of Internal Medicine was conducted on 156 individuals who had been diagnosed with clinical depression to determine of exercise had any effect on their emotional status. One third of the group followed a cardio exercise program, one third took antidepressants and the other third followed an exercise program, but also took antidepressants.
The study concluded that exercise works better at alleviating depression than medication after a 16 week period, and was even more effective than those who exercised while on antidepressants. In short, increasing your amount of cardio and improve your overall health not only helps you to lose excess weight, but also boosts your mood, strengthens your heart and improves your overall health. Performing cardio exercises 30 minutes per day, 3 to 4 times per week is enough to reap the benefits and provide you with noticeable results.
Absolutely. Haha otherwise most of the content on my blog is obsolete. You can get lean eating any diet if your maintaining a calorie deficit. Excess calories make you fat, not any one particular food or nutrient. Add excess calories and insufficient exercise, and you have a recipe for being overweight. Sugar is not uniquely fattening, nor does it cause more belly fat than any other food. Eating more calories than you burn is what increases body fat.
Over the last 7 years I have followed a number of different diets including keto, low carb and IF.
Last year during my comp prep I utilised flexible dieting and easily reached the leanest I had ever been. Throughout prep I managed to eat ice cream, pancakes, sushi, pizza etc. and had roast with my family every sunday! By no means did these foods make up the majority of my intake, in fact my vegetable intake skyrocketed due to hunger and volume, but I fit them in and didn’t binge once throughout prep. Eat nutrient dense foods to get your requrired micronutrients and fibre but also eat your favourite foods! And fuck feeling guilty. Remember no food is inherently bad or fattening for you!
How to Stay Healthy at College?
Many of us fitblrs are broke, college students and one thing we struggle with is balancing our school work, a social life, and a healthy lifestyle. What are some ways to make this work?
It can be tough but it definitely is manageable! College is the time when you are finally out on your own, free to make your own decisions and your own rules. Living a healthy lifestyle in college does not have to be hard though and it does not require hours of preparation! The main key is to key a fairly consistent schedule! Get into the habit of making certain meals on a certain night of the week, going grocery shopping, etc.
How to eat healthy while at college:
- Keep lots of things prepared. I usually make pasta on Mondays (since I don’t have late classes that day), I buy bags of veggies that are microwavable, I have apples & PB, which make a quick&easy snack, I have chips & salsa for another quick and easy snack, etc. Find foods that are easy for you and don’t require a lot of preparation!
- Pack little bags or containers of snack the night before. This way when you are running late to class the next morning you can grab one and go!
- Keep a budget. Since many of us do not have a ton of extra money, limit yourself each week. I have a set grocery list and it is typically $50 per week. I get lots of fresh fruit and veggies, peanut butter, spaghetti and spaghetti sauce(which is the cheapest meal ever), and some snacks.
- Limit yourself to eating out a few times a week. Don’t go out too often, it is cheaper and healthier to cook for yourself! Instead invite your friends to come over and cook a healthy dinner! You can make it fun!
- Find healthy options for when you do go out. There is almost always a salad, a veggie side, whole wheat options, etc. Even if you just switch the fries for veggies and keep your normal meal the same that is still a healthier option!
- Go for water. Wherever you are get a water. Skip the soda or whatever else. Water is the best option there is! I always have at least one of my camelbacks with me! Make a habit of taking water with you!
How to keep up with exercise:
- Walk. A simple way to get in your daily exercise is to walk! Walk around campus between classes and walk to your class! That is a great way to get in some easy exercise!
- Go to the gym! Most colleges have a gym- take advantage of this and GO! You get a free membership (covered in your tuition) and tons of free classes! My gym has tons of different sports going on, equipment, and classes! There is always something for everyone!
- Fit it into your schedule. If you are a morning person or you don’t have classes until the afternoon then go before class! If you prefer your workouts between or after classes then go then! Make it part of your daily routine though! You will be more likely to stick to it!
- Find a workout buddy! This will not only help you to keep up a social life but it will also motivate you to go to the gym! It is easier to tell yourself you are too lazy to go to the gym but when someone is planning to go with you you feel more guilty if you say no simply because you don’t want to!
How to keep up your education:
- Find a study buddy! You can study together and work on homework together! Sometimes it can be more distracting but other times it can be motivating!
- Go to class and do your homework!
- Find a tutor or talk to your teacher if you need help!
How to maintain a social life:
- Get involved! Figure out which clubs you want to join and join a few! Not too many because it is better to be highly involved in a few groups rather than not too involved in tons of groups. Organizations are a great way to meet people with similar interests as you!
- Find your group of friends. This can be one person or 20 people. Whoever you want and like but make sure they are good friends to you and stick with the ones who stand by your side through everything! You may not be close with your roommates but you can meet people anywhere! There are so many opportunities in college!
- If you aren’t into partying don’t worry! Like I said before- find your group of friends! If they are into partying then look for a few others who aren’t and hang out with them on the weekends! Go shopping, have a movie night, something low key and enjoyable!
How to stay sane in college:
- College can be a stressful time and it can be hard for many people. If you are struggling I urge you to seek help! Many colleges offer free counseling if you need to go and talk to someone! If you are struggling talk to a counselor, a friend, or anyone you trust.
- Be involved. Being involved helps you to stay active and not cut yourself out of society and let yourself fall into depression. It is hard being away from everything and everyone you know. But you cannot let yourself be alone during this transition! Everyone is going through the same thing and looking for friends as well! Get through this time together!
- If college is stressful or the workload is too much then consider taking fewer credits! It is better for you to feel organized and understand what you are learning, rather than BSing your way through college for grades. The knowledge you gain will be very important in your career.
- Get a agenda/planner and organize your weeks. Help yourself figure out what you need to do and when so you don’t get stressed or overwhelmed last minute when you have so much piled up to do!
- Set time aside to do something you love everyday! Remember to have fun!
College is a great time! Remember to make the best of it! Have fun, do well, stay safe, enjoy yourself, and live your life!
By toethefinishline (:
When I told my family I was going to be a cover model before I died they laughed in my face! Before I die? Try two years. Your dreams are closer than you think. Reach out and grab them.
you can fuck me any way you want
you took a selfie in the mirror with the front facing camera
Who cares do you see his shoulders now , he reached his dreams, he can take selfies anyway he wants
Haha guys guys I was broke and my camera on the back was broken. Much love man. Thanks for the support.
wow, this is awesome!
I’m a guy and you can fuck me too
Forever being hit on by men.
Fitness, motivation, vegan and advice blog! ✻